The Foot and Ankle Online Journal is a peer-review, open access journal. Manuscripts are accepted by electronic submission. The journal adheres to the standards set forth by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals.
Manuscripts are accepted by electronic submission. Original manuscripts are welcome for publication in this format. Manuscripts that are in consideration of publication elsewhere will not be accepted. By submitting your articles to The Foot and Ankle Online Journal, you grant this site copyright to reproduce the work and images in electronic format (via internet, CD-ROM , or paper versions) derived from this site; otherwise, the author retains full copyright to the images and associated written work. All articles must be submitted in English or translated into English before review. The article will be reviewed by two or more members of the editorial and peer review staff.
Article content can include the following:
- Case Presentations, case reports or case studies including surgical, dermatological, trauma, surgical complications, vascular, diabetes or any other topic relevant to Foot & Ankle Medicine and Surgery.
- Literary review style articles.
- Surgical techniques.
- Surgical product and instrumentation presentations as they relate to procedures.
- Office procedures of interest.
- Retrospective & Prospective hospital or institutional studies.
- Topics in Podiatry & Foot and Ankle Orthopaedics with round-table discussion options.